Friday 9 February 2018

TV Review: The Wombles

See the source image

Release date: 1973-1975 (60 episodes, 2 series)

Story: Wombles are short, fat, furry creatures that spend their days cleaning up after messy humans. Wombles live all around the world but they can only been seen by humans who believe in them. These stories are about the Wombles who live on Wimbledon common, London, England. They are the lazy Orinoco, the strong Tomsk, the smart Wellington, the bossy Bungo, the cook Madame Cholet, the old and wise Great Uncle Bulgaria, and the handyman Tobermory.

My thoughts: The Wombles are based on the series of books of the same name by Elisabeth Beresford (from 1968 to 1976) and were voiced by Bernard Cribbins (who also played Donna Noble's grandfather in David Tennant's fourth series of Doctor Who). This is my favourite show to watch when I was a child and I still enjoy it to this day (when I come across an episode now and then).

My score: Five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment