Thursday 22 March 2018

Anime Review: Sailor Moon

See the source image

Release date: March 7th 1992 - February 8th 1997 (Japanese release). There were various English dub releases through out the nineties by a number of companies for different regions. Five seasons (season five was never translated in the original English dub but there are fan dubs), 200 episodes. Plus a remake in 2014 named Sailor Moon Crystal.

Story: The life of a Junior High school student Usagi Tsukino (a.k.a Serena in the original English dub) takes a weird and mysterious turn when a talking cat named Luna tells her that she is the reincarnated form of a Princess who lived in a kingdom on the moon thousands of years ago. And also she has magical powers that she would use to combat the forces of evil from The Dark Kingdom (a.k.a the Negaverse in the original English dub) as Sailor Moon. So Usagi sets out to protect the earth from the forces of evil with her friends who are called the Sailor Scouts. They are Ami Mizuno (Sailor Mercury), Rei Hino (Sailor Mars), Makoto Kino (Sailor Jupiter), and Minako Aino (Sailor Venus). As well as a mysterious masked vigilantly named Tuxedo Mask. On their adventures they encounter more Sailor Scouts, take on more sinister threats, meet Usagi's future daughter Rini, and make sure that the day is saved for everyone.

My thoughts: A pretty good anime. I haven't seen much of this but I have watched random episodes and have brought volumes 1 to 5 of the manga. I have to say that my favourite characters are Sailor Mercury and The Wiseman. There is a lot of goofiness in this but it is mixed well with the serious scenes in it as many animes are. But I have to say that Tuxedo Mask isn't that great in the early episodes. All he did was turn up, sprout a encouraging speech, and then leaves. But he dose have some good moments in the series and also in the remake. So if you haven't seen it, I would recommend you give this a watch.

Also check out my fan fiction Sailor Moon meets the Puppet Master on this blog. Look for it under January and February of 2016. And if you have a YouTube account and do lets reads, then you have my permission to do a lets read of it.

My score: Four stars.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again. Anime

    ReplyDelete