Thursday 31 May 2018

Scary story

The Abandoned House Project.

On June the 23rd 1995, a group of government officials located the many files of a British scientist named John Cartwright who had died three years earlier. His notes document about the strange goings on at an old abandoned house just two miles north of London. The house in question was said to be the last known hideout of a notorious serial killer named Old man Jack. Who had terrorised a local town for a number of years before he was discovered at the abandoned house and was hanged to death by the townsfolk. It is said that the house is haunted by Old man Jack and that his ghost could be seen wondering through the many rooms of the house. Just waiting for anyone who dares enter the building. Some people claim that the ghost in question was dressed in a butchers outfit and had a mask that only covered his mouth. It is said that Old man Jack was going blind in both of his eyes. But he also had a amazing sense of smell. He could pick up a scent from a mile away and also has an amazing sense of hearing. At least that's what the rumors say.

John Cartwright didn't believe in ghosts or the supernatural. He was one of those people who didn't believe in things that have no rhyme or reason. So he decided to put the rumors to rest by setting up three tests. Each of these tests involve three subjects who are asked to stay one night in the house. If all of them survive, then the house isn't haunted. The three subjects are only known as Subject 1, Subject 2, and Subject 3. Due to the fact that they didn't wanted to be named for personal reasons. Each subject was given a flashlight and a note book and pen to write down their experiences. They were also told that they each get a large cash award when they have completed the test.

The first subject was told to stay only in one room for the whole night. But he can lock the door if he wanted to (they had new keys made from the original blueprints of the house thanks to the local library). Which of course he did. He was found ok and well the next morning and was taken back to his home and was given his award. His notes say the following.

9.pm: Things are ok. I had chosen the living room due to it having a large fire place. After lighting a fire, I had locked the door to the room. Nothing has happened so far. I'll write more next time.

11.pm: I have been hearing strange noises happening for the last hour. From what could be footsteps going up and down the stairs to faint breathing noises. I don't know if they were caused by any supernatural creature or not but I'm glad that I have locked the only door to this room. Yet again I might be jumping at shadows.

1.am: Ok now I'm slightly getting scared now. I could have sworn that someone or something keeps walking past the door. I don't know if its an animals or something else. Still only seven hours to go now.

3.am: Nothing has happen so far.

5.am: The noises have stopped now. I could have sworn that I heard someone saying "I can smell you!" from somewhere in the house. But that could be anything.

7.am: My time is up. It is now daylight and I could see those men driving up the track. I hope that it is a huge amount of money that they'll give me when I get back hope.

The first subject was given his award and went on with his life.

The second subject was told that she could walk freely around the house so long if she doesn't go upstairs. She was also told that she can lock the doors if she feels like it and also to write down anything that happens to her. She was found hiding in the cellar the next morning. She looked like she had been put through hell and back. Her notes say the following.

9.pm: Everything is going well at the moment. I have been exploring the many rooms on the ground floor. I don't mind the fact that I've been band from going upstairs. The steps don't look at all safe. I'm now writing this in the dinning room just at the back of the house. Apart from the smell, I am perfectly fine.

11.pm: Ok this is starting to get scary. I keep hearing footsteps at random places inside the house. One time I thought that I saw someone darting from room to room behind me. If this is sort of hidden camera show thing I will get my lawyer and those guys will never hear the end of it. You mark my words!

2.am: Ok I am panicking now. There is someone or something in this house with me! I keep hearing voices saying "I can smell you!" and "I'm behind you!" And I could hear someone breathing on the back of my neck. This is worse then any reality tv show ever made.

4.am: I am writing this in the cellar. This is the only place where I haven't heard that voice or seen that shadowy figure. I have locked the door and I'm not going to write anything else until the morning.

The second subject spent most of her award money on therapy but eventually managed to get over her time there.

The third subject... was found dead the next morning. He was told that he can visit every single room in the house. Even the ones upstairs. And was also told to write down anything that he had experienced while staying at the house. While they were taking the body away, the note book was discovered inside of the guy's jacket. There were only three entries written in it.

9.pm: This place is utter crap. I mean why am I hear to begin with? Apart from the money that is. This is like those creepypastas and urban legends that you've either read or heard about. Most of the rooms are ok. Looks like I'll be sleeping in the master bedroom tonight.

12.am: Ok there have been noises and the odd breathing coming from nowhere, but nothing much else is happening. Must be those guys trying to make scare me.

3.am: The noises keep happening. They won't stop. I have tried to locked the door but the key won't turn. Oh god... someone is coming towards the door...

Apart from a lot of blood and signs of a struggle, nobody know what killed the third subject. It was believed that a crazy homeless person had gotten inside the house and had killed him. The other two subjects were never informed of the killing. Soon after the experiments were over, John Cartwright moved on with his life and the house was later demolished.

When questioned about how they managed to get hold of these notes after the death of John Cartwright, the government officials just say that they were given them by unknown persons. But when they were asked how they found out that John Cartwright had died, they just say that they have no idea. But it was later discovered that John had been murdered while he slept. It was the most gruesome murder scene the police had come across. But what made it more unnerving was a message written on the bedroom wall in blood... "I DON'T LIKE IT WHEN STRANGERS VISIT MY HOUSE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment