Saturday 13 October 2018

Film Review: Blade

See the source image

Release date: August 21st 1998.

Story: There is a secret society of vampires that inhabit our world. And like most monsters, they prey on humans. But there is someone who protects the humans from them. A being that has spent years hunting them and slaying them. To them he is known as the Day-walker. But to us... he is known as Blade.

My thoughts: I like this movie a lot (Although my favourite out of this trilogy is the second movie). It blends both horror and action well with a bit of humour thrown in. Blade himself is a cool character. A human/vampire hybrid who helps mankind against vampires and other demonic creatures. Also this movie made the modern superhero movie what it is today (after Tim Burton's Batman proving that superhero movies can be taken seriously). Like I said this is a great movie and I would recommend it.

My score: Four stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment