Monday 13 May 2019

TV Review: The Green Green Grass

Release date: 9th September 2005 - 5th March 2009 (4 series. 32 episodes).

Story: In this spin off/sequel to Only Fools and Horses, Boycie, Marlene, and their son Tyler move from Peckham to Oakham, Shropshire. Where Boycie decides to become gentlemen famer after purchasing a farm. But things are not easy with a dim witted staff and having to settle down in different place.

My thoughts: This is a great show. I like the characters (well some of them) and the comedy is top notch. The only thing I didn't like about it is the reasoning why Boycie and co left Peckham. It was because Boycie was going to give evidence in court about a drug and illegal immigrant smuggling being managed by two local gangsters. And realising that him and his family's lives are in danger, he flees the airer overnight. This was something that I didn't like. If it had been a different reason (Boycie loosing his job and then decides to become a famer after something that he read in a magazine for instance) then I wouldn't have mind. But apart from that, it is a good show and I would recommend it.

My score: Four stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment