Saturday 4 May 2019

Film Review: Charlie and the chocolate factory.

Release date: July 10th 2005 (Grauman's Chinese theatre release), July 15th 2005 (US release), July 29th 2005 (UK release).

Story: Charlie Bucket wins a golden ticket and goes on a grand tour of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.

My thoughts: A good remake but it has a few flaws. Like Willy Wonka acting like a creepy man with the mind of a child for example. Put on the plus side, the scenery is impressive (Tim Burton directed this movie) and I do like the fact that they tried to give Wonka a back story (showing him to be the son of a seriously strict dentist. Played by Christopher Lee). And the boat ride scene is more family friendly then the previous movie. I remember when this movie was in cinemas, there was a line of actual chocolate and confectionaries being released to help promote the film. I used to buy them a lot (the Scrumdidilyumtious Fudgmallow delight was my favourite). And the Oompa Loompa songs are catchy and imaginative (each song was styled from the 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's). I would recommend it for anyone who is a fan of the book and/or the previous film.

My score: Three stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment