Friday 22 June 2018

Film Review: Duel

See the source image
Release date: November 13th 1971.

Story: A middle aged traveling salesman is traveling through the Mojave desert when he encounters a large deasil tanker truck. He then passes it and continues on his way but then it begins to follow him. And it soon turns out that the driver of the truck is a psychopath and begins chasing the salesman with the intention of killing him.

My thoughts: This movie was the first feature length film that Steven Spielberg directed. I have mixed feelings about this film. On one hand I like the fact that you never see the driver of the truck (apart from his arms, shoes, and sometimes a silhouette) and that there is a real threat from a psycho driver that will not leave you alone. But on the other hand I find that this is slow at places. The climax is great when the salesman has finally had enough of the truck and (after a chase) lures it up a hill and causes it to drive off a cliff. It makes you feel like the truck driver deserves it. If you are a fan of driving and thriller films then I recommend this.

My score: Three stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment