Monday 19 August 2019

TV Review: The Simpsons.

Release date: December 17th 1989 - present (30 seasons, 662 episodes).

Story: The many comedic happenings of a suburban family living in the fictional American city of Springfield and the people around them.

My thoughts: This was one of the first animated sitcoms to be created (the first being the Flintstones). And I have mixed feeling about this show. On one hand I like it and on the other hand I don't. There were parts that of the show that I found funny and others that I was like "Seriously why did you do that?".  The characters are ok and there are some good emotional moments and morels that can be found in it. But one of it's many flaws is that it been going on for far too long. It has thirty seasons and it is going to go on for another two. Everyone has said that the show started to go down hill by the 9nth season (with it's second episode 'The Principle and the Pauper' being one of the most hated episodes) and that the show feels like it is on it's last legs. Still this show has spawned games, a comic series, a movie, tons of merchandise, and has even created internet phenomenon's (the many incarnations of Steamed Hams sketch for example).

My score: Three stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment