Thursday 1 November 2018

Film Review: Bon voyage Charlie Brown (and don't come back!)


Release date: May 30th 1980.

Story: Charlie Brown, Linus Van Pelt, Peppermint Patty, and Marcie have been selected for a school exchange program. So the four of them (including Snoopy and Woodstock) are setting off to France. Meanwhile Charlie Brown receives a letter from a girl in France who somehow knows about him and invites him and his friends to stay at a Chateau. Who is this girl and how does she know about Charlie Brown? Watch the movie and find out.

My thoughts: I actually consider this to be my favourite out of the Peanut movies. Mainly I like traveling movies. There is even a segment where they stop of in London, England (how on earth did Snoopy and Woodstock managed to get pass England's strict laws that state that any animal that arrives in England must be placed in quarantine for some time I do not know) where they have to catch a hovercraft in Dover. There is even a sort of sequel to this in the form of a TV special named "What have we learned Charlie Brown?" which told that while on the way back home, Charlie Brown and the others come across Omaha Beach (one of the landing places during the D-Day invasion during World War Two) and the poppy fields of Ypres in Belgium (the site of many battles during World War One). This special was released during Memorial Day and one week prior to the 39th anniversary of the D-Day invasion. Like I said this is a great cartoon and I would recommend it.

My score: Four stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment